Tuesday, March 05, 2013


JUST TOO COOL! Catholic school children hold a CONCLAVE! PHOTOS!

Hello, Father–In case you’re interested, here are some pictures from today’s (Monday, 3/4/2013) mock conclave at St Louis Catholic School. These young men were largely from the corps of Altar Servers. The Parochial Adminstrator, Fr Zuberbueler, and the school principal, Dan Balliageron, pulled out all the stops.
The “Sacred College” lines up to enter the “Sistine Chapel:”
The “cardinals” deliberate, guarded by the Swiss Guards:
“Cardinal Burke” confers with “Cardinal Tagle”(the boys chose a Cardinal to represent):
The Cardinal Revisor re-counts the votes:
The Cardinals make obedience to the new pope:
Pope Sebastian I says the Urbi et Orbi:
As I look at these photos, it occurs to me that someone made a lot of red birettas.   In the much larger versions of the photos I was sent (I crunched them down for the blog) they look pretty good!
I sense the possibility of a cottage industry, making birettas for American seminarians and clerics.
Technorati Tags: 

About Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

Fr. Z is the guy who runs this blog. o{]:¬)

No comments: